The Electrical and Electronics Engineering department was established in 1998, the labs are fully established including, Electrical Machines, Electrical Control systems lab, Electrical Measurements lab, Network theory lab and Simulation lab. One of the student secured GATE 99% and many of the students secured above 90% and few had preferred to join directly in MTech, MBA and PG courses. Some of the students are employed in the power grid, AP Transco, and many private organizations. A few could go to Australia for further studies.The branch of engineering that deals with the technology of electricity, especially the design and application of circuitry and equipment for power generation and distribution, machine control, and communications. Electrical engineering is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. The intake into the study program is 120 per year. It ensures that the students gain expertise under the aegis of the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering. This program draws its strength from a team of highly qualified and committed faculty with extensive academic experience. Supporting them in this endeavor are the comprehensive lab facilities which include Electro Machines Lab, Networks Lab, Control Systems Lab, State-of-art Power Electronics Lab, Measurements Lab and Electrical Power Systems & Simulation Lab. Professional bodies like the ISTE, IEEE, IEI students forum. These bodies organized various academic and technical activities that help students to enhance their core skills.
1. seminar on “Neural Networks and Fuzzy” by Dr.K.S.Madhavan Sr. Deputy General Manager, BHEL, Hyderabad dated 16.08.2013
2. seminar on “Modern power system operation and control” by Sri. M.Sydulu,Prof. NIT Warangal dated 27.07.2013 3. seminar on “Industrial Automation” by Sri.Rajeeth kumar,Prolific 22.08.2013
4. seminar on Challenges faced in National Grid Formation and Management in India, Oleti Ramesh, WRLDC, Mumbai, 14.02.2013
5. seminar on Energy Conservation for National Growth Sri.S.Ganapathi, Retired S.E. APTRANCO, 10.02.2012
1. 4th National Conference on EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (NCEEE- 2013), 26th October, 2013
2. 3rd National Conference on EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (NCEEE-2012), 21st & 22nd Sep, 2012
The Department has got around 282 Books, 07 Manuals, 75 CD’s for e-learning,162 Project Reports. The Department is getting 06 National journals, 08 International journals.